We don’t have to tell you that insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. People who perform rate comparisons will, in all likelihood, switch companies because there is a good probability of finding a cheaper policy. A recent survey discovered that drivers who routinely compared rates saved over $3,400 over four years compared to those who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the lowest rates on car insurance in New Orleans is your ultimate goal, then having some knowledge of the best ways to shop for cheaper coverage can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
The preferred way to find low-cost prices for auto insurance rates in New Orleans is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Louisiana.
- Take a little time to learn about individual coverages and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many factors that result in higher rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and bad credit can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Read the full article for more information to find cheap rates and find hidden discounts.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate in New Orleans. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Tell your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit a signed application and payment for your new coverage. As soon as coverage is bound, put the certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
A key point to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
When shopping for cheaper New Orleans car insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to obtain and compare prices from many car insurance companies in Louisiana. The fastest way to find cheaper Mazda MPV rates is to jump online and get quotes. When price shopping your coverage, more quotes will increase your chances of finding lower pricing.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Louisiana. To buy the best cheap car insurance in New Orleans, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Mazda MPV insurance discounts in New Orleans
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of a few of the more common and the harder-to-find credits available to you.
- Distant College Student Discount – Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from New Orleans and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some insurance companies give a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Telematics Devices – People who choose to allow companies to study vehicle usage by using a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can get you a discount because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better prices.
Discounts lower rates, but most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
To find companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in New Orleans, click here.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Mazda in New Orleans, car insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your MPV has a loan, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Mazda at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
How much auto insurance do I need?
When selecting adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
When do I need to contact a local insurance agent?
Some consumers would rather talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is you may find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting small agencies is important particularly in New Orleans.
Upon completion of this short form, your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You never need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go to you. You’ll get the best rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to compare rates from a particular provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
If you want to use a local agent, there are two different types of agents to choose from. Agents may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not limited to a single company and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier which requires no work on your part. When comparing car insurance prices, you need to get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options. Most can insure with smaller mutual companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following are New Orleans independent insurance agencies that may be able to provide pricing information.
- Daul Insurance
94 Westbank Expressway Trail – Gretna, LA 70053 – (504) 362-0667 – View Map
- First Insurance, Inc.
First Bank and Trust Building, 909 Poydras St #2260 – New Orleans, LA 70112 – (504) 322-4927 – View Map
- Martin Insurance Agency, Inc
4700 Orleans Ave – New Orleans, LA 70119 – (504) 486-6133 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents work for only one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years partially due to the brand name and solid financial strength.
Listed below are New Orleans exclusive agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
- Andy Bowden – State Farm Insurance Agent
6325 Elysian Fields Ave a – New Orleans, LA 70122 – (504) 288-2219 – View Map
- Josh Lorando – State Farm Insurance Agent
4200 Canal St c – New Orleans, LA 70119 – (504) 488-0001 – View Map
- Ben Guillory – State Farm Insurance Agent
4111 Franklin Ave – New Orleans, LA 70122 – (504) 943-4055 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
After you get reasonable responses to all your questions and an affordable coverage quote, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that is reputable and can service your policy.