Unbelievable but true, a large majority of car insurance policyholders kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. With the average car insurance premium being $2,900, New Orleans drivers could save up to $900 a year, but they don’t want to take the time to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Really, the only way to get affordable Subaru Crosstrek insurance in New Orleans is to compare prices regularly from providers in Louisiana. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- Try to learn about how car insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a not-so-good credit rating can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article provides ideas to get cheaper rates and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit a completed application and payment to your new carrier. When you receive it, place the new certificate verifying coverage with your registration paperwork.
A valuable tip to remember is that you use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
If you already have coverage or want to find a cheaper company, take advantage of these tips to reduce the price you pay without having to cut coverage. Shopping around for the cheapest insurance in New Orleans is not as time-consuming as you think. Shoppers only have to learn the most efficient way to compare different rates from many different companies online.
Getting a cheaper price on Subaru Crosstrek insurance is pretty simple and can save money. Drivers just need to take the time to compare rate quotes online with multiple companies.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in New Orleans, LA. If you want cheap auto insurance in LA, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
Insurance policy discounts for Subaru Crosstrek insurance in New Orleans
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not even know about. Some discounts apply automatically at the time you complete a quote, but once in a while a discount must be asked for before being credited. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Clubs and Organizations – Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in New Orleans can get you a small discount when getting a New Orleans auto insurance quote.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds with no claims or accidents have much lower rates as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your New Orleans auto insurance quote.
- Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage could be rewarded with substantially lower insurance rates.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like State Farm and GEICO allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
If you would like to choose from a list of providers with the best Subaru Crosstrek insurance discounts in New Orleans in New Orleans, follow this link.
When should I contact an insurance agent?
Many people would rather sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Experienced insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. The best thing about comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in New Orleans who will gladly provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your house since price quotes are sent instantly to you. If you wish to compare prices from a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- How long has the business existed?
How to choose the best auto insurance agent in New Orleans
When searching for local New Orleans agents, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Agents in New Orleans can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either type can properly insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in New Orleans who can help you get rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Daniel Rahman
701 Dante St c – New Orleans, LA 70118 – (504) 861-2700 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Aaron Gable
2073 Caton St – New Orleans, LA 70122 – (504) 283-0034 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Kenneth Taylor
7037 Canal Blvd #201 – New Orleans, LA 70124 – (504) 283-9310 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can write business with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you definitely need to get several quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates. A lot of them also have access to less well-known companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in New Orleans that are able to give price quotes.
- ABC Insurance
4101 S Carrollton Ave c – New Orleans, LA 70119 – (504) 486-0123 – View Map
- J Everett Eaves
650 Poydras St # 1500 – New Orleans, LA 70130 – (504) 581-5353 – View Map
- USAgencies Insurance
6003 Bullard Ave #6 – New Orleans, LA 70128 – (504) 517-8884 – View Map
If you receive positive feedback to all your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that meets the requirements to adequately provide auto insurance. It’s important to know that you are able to cancel your policy for any reason so don’t think that you are obligated to a policy for any length of time.
How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
Many factors are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but others are not quite as obvious like where you live or your commute time.
Better prices for continuous auto insurance coverage – Driving without insurance can get your license suspended and companies may charge more for letting your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay more, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could earn you a steep fine or even jail time.
More than one policy can earn a discount – Many auto insurance companies apply discounts to policyholders that have more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, drivers will still want to check prices from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still be able to save money by splitting coverages up.
Don’t skimp on liability – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will provide protection in the event that you are ruled to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Increase comp and collision deductibles and save – The deductibles you choose tell how much you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Coverage for physical damage, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. A few examples of covered claims could be rear-ending another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and damage from wind. The higher the amount the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Youthful drivers are expensive to insure – Teenage drivers in Louisiana have a tendency to be more careless when driving so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Older insureds are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
Insurance costs are higher for high performance vehicles – The make and model of the car you need to insure makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. Small economy passenger vehicles receive the most favorable rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Best reasons to buy car insurance in Louisiana
Even though it can be expensive, buying car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
First, just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Crosstrek, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Subaru at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards both your Subaru Crosstrek and your personal assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in New Orleans is overpaying over $869 every year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Persistent drivers can save
Discount Subaru Crosstrek insurance in New Orleans can be sourced on the web and also from your neighborhood New Orleans agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not offer online price quotes and these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in responding to claim requests, not issuing a premium refund or lack of trust in their agent. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
When getting New Orleans auto insurance quotes online, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
More information is located at the links below
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap New Orleans Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a DUI in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap New Orleans Auto Insurance for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap New Orleans Auto Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50 in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)