The best way we recommend to get cheaper auto insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in New Orleans. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Read and learn about how companies set rates and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents and poor credit rating can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Notify your company or agent to cancel the current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment for your new policy. As soon as coverage is bound, put the new proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
An important part of this process is to make sure you enter the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price quotes from every company you can. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
It’s shocking but almost 70% of insureds have bought insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Many consumers in New Orleans could pocket roughly 35% a year just by shopping around, but they think it’s difficult to compare other rate quotes.
Ways to get Kia Borrego insurance quotes in New Orleans
When shopping for Kia Borrego insurance in New Orleans there are multiple ways to get quotes from different companies. The easiest way to find the cheapest insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online. It’s important to know that quoting more provides better odds of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Louisiana. To buy the best cheap car insurance in LA, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Discounts can help to save on Kia Borrego insurance in New Orleans
Some companies do not advertise the entire discount list very clearly, so here is a list a few of the more well known as well as the least known credits that may apply to you.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive lower premium rates.
- Distant Student – Children who attend college more than 100 miles from New Orleans and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds who allow data collection to scrutinize where and when they drive by using a small device installed in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- E-sign – Many larger companies will provide an incentive just for signing your application on their website.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you have multiple policies with one company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Borrego insurance in New Orleans.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The best auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- American Family may have discounts that include good driver, air bags, accident-free, good student, and early bird.
- Nationwide offers discounts for business or organization, family plan, defensive driving, easy pay, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- MetLife includes discounts for good student, good driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including theft prevention, driver training, air bags, anti-lock brakes, 55 and older, early bird, and defensive driver.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for switch companies, early shopping, distant student, pay in full, mature driver, teen driver, and electronic funds transfer.
- Allstate offers discounts including safe driver, farm vehicle, teenSMART discount, FullPay discount, and good student.
Double check with each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Discounts may not be available in your area.
Independent or exclusive car insurance agents
Some people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find better rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting small agencies is important especially in New Orleans.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in New Orleans who will return price quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for an agent because prices are sent immediately to you. Get lower rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, just navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
When narrowing the list to find a local New Orleans insurance agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance agents can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part.
When searching for an agent, you need to get some free quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection. Most also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with who may have lower rates.
Below is a small list of independent agents in New Orleans that can possibly get you price quote information.
- Pappalardo Agency, Inc.
145 Robert E Lee Blvd #202 – New Orleans, LA 70124 – (504) 486-7441 – View Map
- Nola Insurance Agency
2646 Banks St – New Orleans, LA 70119 – (504) 822-8770 – View Map
- Dan Burghardt Insurance Agency
5741 Crowder Blvd – New Orleans, LA 70127 – (504) 241-7283 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only write with one company and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers often buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in New Orleans that can give you rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Aaron Gable
2073 Caton St – New Orleans, LA 70122 – (504) 283-0034 – View Map
- Wayne Leone – State Farm Insurance Agent
1701 S Carrollton Ave – New Orleans, LA 70118 – (504) 865-1101 – View Map
- Manny Hidalgo – State Farm Insurance Agent
3837 MacArthur Blvd – New Orleans, LA 70114 – (504) 362-1919 – View Map
Deciding on a auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Any good agent in New Orleans should know the answers to these questions.
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in New Orleans?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
When it comes to coverage online or from an agent, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Kia Borrego Insurance Premiums Can Be Reduced
Lots of factors are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but other factors are not as apparent like where you live or how safe your car is.
Insure car and home with the same company – Many insurance companies provide a discount to policyholders that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s in your best interest to check prices from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most. Drivers may still find better rates even if you have your coverage with different companies
Small coverages can add up – There are many additional extra coverages that you can buy on your insurance policy. Add-on coverages like rental car reimbursement, accidental death, and Farm Bureau memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Urban residents pay more – Choosing to live in areas with lower population has definite advantages when buying insurance. Residents of big cities tend to have more auto accidents and more time behind the wheel. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Physical damage deductibles – Insurance for physical damage to your car, aka comp and collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Examples of covered claims could be colliding with a building, hitting a deer, or theft. Deductibles for physical damage state the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. The more damage repair cost the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
Small claims can cost you – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims don’t be surprised to see either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance companies in Louisiana generally give the best rates to insureds who do not file claims often. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Your gender affects premiums – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females take fewer risks when driving. However, don’t assume that men are worse drivers. Males and females are responsible for fender benders in similar percentages, but the males cause more damage. They also have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving.
Car insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your car with a loan, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Kia at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
Third, insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Kia gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your Borrego outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. On average, a vehicle owner in New Orleans overpays more than $810 a year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Quote more and you will save more
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, delays in responding to claim requests, denial of a claim and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
In this article, we presented many ways to get a better price on Kia Borrego insurance in New Orleans. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the best premium rates are with a small local company.
Cost effective Kia Borrego insurance can be purchased on the web in addition to many New Orleans insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
Even more information is available at these sites:
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Hybrid Vehicles in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)