Really, the only way to get cheaper Kia Niro insurance in New Orleans is to compare prices regularly from companies who can sell car insurance in Louisiana. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- Gain an understanding of what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a poor credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover additional ideas to help reduce premium rates and find hidden discounts.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper Niro coverage is available in New Orleans. If you find better rates and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit a signed application and payment to the new insurer. Be sure to put the certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you enter identical coverage information on every quote and and to get price quotes from every insurance company. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and a thorough price selection.
Everyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Insureds who get price quotes annually will, in all likelihood, switch to a new company because there is a high probability of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent survey revealed that people who regularly compared price quotes saved as much as $3,450 over four years compared to policyholders who never compared other company’s rates.
If saving money on car insurance is why you’re reading this, then knowing the best way to compare insurance can make the process less intimidating.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Kia Niro insurance in New Orleans
Some insurance providers don’t always list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Drivers who insure more than one vehicle with the same car insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you combine your auto and home insurance with one insurance company you may earn at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers over the age of 55 can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Larger insurance carriers have a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy a life policy as well.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member may lower your car insurance rates slightly.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds who allow their insurance company to spy on driving manner by using a telematic data system like Allstate’s Drivewise may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Maintaining low annual mileage can earn better prices on cars that stay parked.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for renewal discount, good student, youthful driver, driver training, multi-vehicle, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for multi-car, multi-policy, new graduate, hybrid vehicle, exclusive group savings, teen driver discount, and new vehicle discount.
- State Farm offers discounts including anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, multiple policy, and multiple autos.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for company car, teen driver, good student, safe vehicle, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- GEICO may include discounts for seat belt use, defensive driver, membership and employees, driver training, daytime running lights, and military active duty.
- SAFECO has discounts for accident prevention training, anti-theft, multi-car, drive less, teen safety rewards, and anti-lock brakes.
If you want affordable Kia Niro insurance quotes, ask every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Savings may not apply in every state. If you would like to view companies with the best discounts in New Orleans, click here.
When shopping for the cheapest Kia Niro rate quotes, there are a couple of ways of comparing rates from many available insurance companies in Louisiana. The best method to do a complete rate comparison consists of shopping online.
Getting free price quotes online is quite simple, and it replaces the need to make phone calls or go to insurance agents’ offices. The fact that you can get quotes online has made agencies unnecessary unless you want the professional assistance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. Although you can comparison shop your insurance online but buy from a local insurance agent.
Keep in mind that having more price comparisons increases the chance that you will find better pricing.
The companies in the list below provide free rate quotes in Louisiana. To locate cheap car insurance in New Orleans, LA, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Why Informed Drivers Pay Less for Kia Niro Insurance
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the things that help calculate your premiums. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- Cheaper to insure women? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Males and females tend to get into accidents at about the same rate, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. In addition to higher claims, males also get higher numbers of serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 cause the most accidents and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
- Drive a fast car, truck or SUV and pay more – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you need to insure makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. Smaller low performance passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Single vs. married – Your spouse helps lower the price when buying car insurance. It is viewed as being more financially stable and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Drive less and save – The more you drive your Kia every year the higher your rate. Most insurance companies calculate prices based on their usage. Vehicles that do not get driven very much get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s a smart idea to ensure your car insurance declarations sheet correctly shows annual mileage, because it can save money. An improperly rated Niro may be costing you higher rates.
- Liability insurance limits are a factor – Liability coverage will provide protection if ever a court rules you are at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It provides legal defense to defend your case. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Driving citations drive up prices – Having a clean driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Having a single citation could increase your next policy renewal by twenty percent. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers unfortunate enough to have dangerous tickets like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to complete a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to continue driving.
- Your location is important – Residing in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect when it comes to car insurance. Drivers in populated areas tend to have more auto accidents and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Save money by having multiple policies – Some insurers apply discounts to buyers who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you’re getting this discount drivers will still want to compare other New Orleans Niro insurance rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. It’s possible to still find better rates even if you insure with multiple companies
Local neighborhood insurance agents
A lot of people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find the best rates but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is especially important in New Orleans.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance data gets sent to insurance agents in New Orleans who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent immediately to your email address. You can find better rates AND an agent nearby. If you want to compare prices from a specific company, just jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
What type of New Orleans car insurance agent is right for you?
If you need to find a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Agents in New Orleans can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent are not required to write business for one company so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part.
When searching for an agent, you will want to get quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Below is a list of independent agencies in New Orleans that may be able to provide comparison quotes.
Nola Insurance Agency
2646 Banks St – New Orleans, LA 70119 – (504) 822-8770 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following are exclusive agents in New Orleans that are able to give rate quotes.
Finding the right car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
If you feel you receive good answers to any questions you may have and cheaper Niro insurance quotes, it’s possible that you found a car insurance agent that will insure your vehicles.
Why car insurance is not optional
Even though New Orleans Niro insurance rates can get expensive, buying car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Kia Niro with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Kia at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects not only your Kia but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. Today the average American driver overpays more than $810 a year so shop around once a year at a minimum to save money.
Ratings for New Orleans auto insurance companies
Selecting the highest-rated insurer is difficult considering how many companies provide coverage in New Orleans. The ranking information in the lists below could help you decide which coverage providers you want to consider when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
One last thing to lower rates
We just presented some good ideas how you can save on Kia Niro insurance in New Orleans. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier. They often have lower rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
When you buy New Orleans car insurance online, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
More detailed insurance information can be read by following these links:
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- How Much is New Orleans Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)