A recent insurance study discovered that nearly 70% of customers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. Louisiana drivers could save up to 35% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to find affordable insurance rates.
The easiest way to get more affordable auto insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from companies in New Orleans. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- Gain an understanding of coverages and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that result in higher prices like high-risk driving behaviors and a negative credit history can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in New Orleans. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a completed policy application and payment for the new policy. Once the paperwork is finalized, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and to quote with every company you can. This provides a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
Cheap auto insurance in New Orleans, LA
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in New Orleans, LA. To locate the best auto insurance in New Orleans, LA, we recommend you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
What Affects Land Rover FreeLander Insurance Rates?
Lots of things are used when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like your driving record, but others are not as apparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating. Consumers need to have an understanding of a few of the rating criteria that help calculate your premiums. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in big savings.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine your prices.
- Better insurance rates on cars with good safety ratings – Safe vehicles tend to have lower insurance rates. The safest vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates.
- Rates can change based on your address – Residing in areas with lower population may provide you with better prices when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers and short commutes corresponds to lower accident rates as well as less vandalism and auto theft. People who live in big cities tend to have much more traffic and longer commute times. Longer commute distances means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Your stress level may be raising your premiums – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Careers such as doctors, social workers, and medical professionals are shown to have higher premium rates attributed to intense work requirements and lengthy work days. On the flip side, jobs such as farmers, students and performers get better rates.
- Prices for men may be higher – Over time, data shows females are less aggressive when driving. However, don’t assume that females are better drivers. Males and females get in fender benders at about the same rate, but the males cause more damage. Men also tend to receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Accidents can be expensive – Drivers who don’t get tickets pay less for auto insurance as compared to those with violations. Only having one chargeable violation can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers with multiple violations like reckless driving or DUI may find they need to prove financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Most insurance companies apply better rates to customers who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. If you currently are using one company, consumers should still compare Land Rover FreeLander rates in New Orleans to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Improve your credit rating and save – Having a bad credit history factor in determining what you pay. Consumers who have excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with worse credit. If your credit is low, you could save money insuring your Land Rover FreeLander by taking the time to improve your credit score.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Some insurers don’t list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy New Orleans auto insurance online.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less than less cautious drivers.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Select auto insurance companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a new FreeLander can save you some money since newer models are generally safer.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current FreeLander insurance policy. You could save around 10% when you buy New Orleans auto insurance online.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Companies that may offer quotes with these money-saving discounts possibly include:
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company to give you their best rates. Some credits might not apply everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers who offer online Land Rover FreeLander insurance quotes in Louisiana, follow this link.
Local New Orleans car insurance agents and insurance
A lot of people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. The best thing about comparing insurance online is you may find cheap insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in New Orleans.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the quote information is transmitted to companies in New Orleans who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. If you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
If you are searching for a local New Orleans insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can write policy coverage, but it’s worth mentioning how they differ because it can influence the type of agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not limited to a single company and that gives them the ability to insure through many different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company which makes it simple for you. When comparing rate quotes, you will want to get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison.
Shown below is a small list of independent agencies in New Orleans that may be able to provide comparison quotes.
Nola Insurance Agency
2646 Banks St – New Orleans, LA 70119 – (504) 822-8770 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below are exclusive agents in New Orleans who can help you get comparison quotes.
Choosing an insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
If you feel you receive acceptable answers to any questions you may have and a low price estimate, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that is reputable and can insure your vehicles.
New Orleans auto insurance companies ranked
Insuring your vehicle with the best company can be difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Louisiana. The information shown next could help you decide which car insurance companies to look at comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
What insurance coverages do I need?
Always keep in mind that when comparing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For example, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Louisiana?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- What is glass protection for?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Should I rate my Land Rover FreeLander as pleasure use or commute?
- Can I cancel at any time?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
We just presented a lot of ways to shop for Land Rover FreeLander insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more you quote New Orleans auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Land Rover FreeLander rate quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance is with an unexpected company.
Cost effective Land Rover FreeLander insurance can be found online and also from your neighborhood New Orleans agents, so you need to shop New Orleans auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, policy cancellation, delays in responding to claim requests and even high prices. Regardless of your reason, finding the right insurance provider is actually quite simple.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap New Orleans Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)