If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find affordable Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers in New Orleans.
- Try to comprehend how car insurance works and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many things that cause rate increases such as traffic violations and a not-so-good credit score can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides ideas to prevent expensive rate increases and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for many different companies. View companies
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on MX-5 Miata insurance in New Orleans. If you find a lower rate, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit a signed application and payment to the newly selected company. Immediately upon receiving it, keep your new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of this process is to try to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote and to quote with as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
A recent insurance study revealed that a large majority of consumers have bought insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in Louisiana could cut their rates by up to 35% a year, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare rates and save money.
Many insurance companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm provide coverage prices direct online. Getting online rates for Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance in New Orleans is very simple because you just enter your personal and coverage information on the page. After the form is submitted, the quote system will order your driving record and credit report and quotes a price based on these and other factors.
Using the web to get rate quotes for Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance in New Orleans makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s very important to perform this step in order to find affordable prices.
To quickly compare pricing, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you type in the coverage information identical to your current policy. This way, you are getting a fair comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Louisiana. To locate cheaper car insurance in New Orleans, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Save a ton by applying discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there could be available discounts to help bring down the price. Most are applied at the time of purchase, but a few must be asked about before they will apply. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you may be paying too high a price.
- Student Driver Training – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with better premium rates if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies give back up to $50 for completing your application online.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Passing a class that teaches defensive driver techniques can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote New Orleans car insurance but check with your company.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Own a Home – Just owning your own home can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works.
The illustration below compares Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Louisiana state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
To see a list of auto insurance companies with the best discounts in Louisiana, follow this link.
Mazda MX-5 Miata detailed coverage information
The table shown next outlines different insurance rates for Mazda MX-5 Miata models. Having a good grasp of how auto insurance prices are calculated can be useful when making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MX-5 Miata Sport 2-Dr Convertible||$282||$494||$534||$32||$160||$1,502||$125|
|MX-5 Miata Touring 2-Dr Convertible||$324||$600||$534||$32||$160||$1,650||$138|
|MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2-Dr Convertible||$324||$600||$534||$32||$160||$1,650||$138|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Louisiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in specific garaging location which can affect premiums significantly.
Drive safe and save
The diagram below shows how traffic citations and at-fault claims influence Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance costs for different age groups. The rates are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Mazda MX-5 Miata car insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The premiums are based on no violations or accidents, $100 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no definitive rule to stop paying for full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Mazda MX-5 Miata replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying more than $800 annually for full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
What is the best car insurance company in New Orleans?
Ending up with a highly-rated car insurance provider is difficult considering how many choices there are in Louisiana. The company information shown next may help you decide which auto insurance companies you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
How You Can Control Mazda MX-5 Miata Insurance Premiums
Many things are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but some are more obscure like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
Shown below are a few of the things companies use to determine your premiums.
High performance equals high costs – The performance level of the vehicle you need to insure makes a big difference in the rate you pay. The best insurance prices are generally reserved for lower cost passenger cars, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
The next chart uses these assumptions: married female driver age 20, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have a range of performance rating factors.
- Cheaper insurance rates for being claim-free – Companies in Louisiana generally give discounts to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you file claims often, you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Miles impacts premiums – The more you drive your Mazda in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies apply a rate based on their usage. Cars not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate than those that get driven frequently. A policy that improperly rates your MX-5 Miata may be costing you higher rates. It’s always a good idea to double check that your policy shows the correct driver usage.
Gender matters – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. It does not mean men are worse drivers. Females and males have accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species have accidents that have higher claims. Not only that, but men also get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers cause the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
The diagram below shows the difference between Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
- Insurance policy lapses increase prices – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a fast way to bump up your insurance costs. In addition to paying higher premiums, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in a steep fine or even jail time. You may need to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Louisiana motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Insurance loss probability for a Mazda MX-5 Miata – Insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that are shown to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more to insure.
The next table illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Mazda MX-5 Miata vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole is equal to 100. Numbers below 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or statistically larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Mazda MX-5 Miata Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 76 61 74 72BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years