Are you doing reasearch to find lower-priced car insurance rates in New Orleans, LA? New Orleans drivers have a choice when trying to find the best price on Buick Regal insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents trying to get quotes or use the internet to make rate comparisons. There are both good and bad ways to shop for car insurance and you need to know the best way to quote coverages for a new or used Buick and find the best price possible either online or from New Orleans insurance agents.
It’s a great practice to price shop coverage every six months because car insurance rates change quite often. Just because you had the best deal on Buick Regal insurance in New Orleans on your last policy the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re about to learn one of the quickest ways to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Locating the best rates in New Orleans can be made easier if you know where to look. If you have a current car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to shop for the lowest rates using this strategy. Consumers just have to use the quickest way to shop for car insurance from many companies at once.
The easiest way to compare insurance rates in your area is to realize all the major auto insurance companies will pay a fee to compare their rates. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give them some information like if you lease or own, the type of vehicles you drive, how your vehicles are used, and if a SR-22 is needed. That rating data is then sent to multiple auto insurance providers and you should receive rate quotes instantly.
To start a quote now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies shown below can provide quotes in New Orleans, LA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need auto insurance
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Buick, almost all lenders will require you to have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Buick at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays more than $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Where you live is a factor – Choosing to live in less populated areas has it’s advantages when shopping for auto insurance. Drivers in populated areas have more aggressive driving styles and longer commutes to work. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- Your car’s features help determine prices – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft prevention devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all hinder vehicle theft.
- The type of car makes a difference – The performance of the car you are insuring makes a huge difference in your premium level. Small economy passenger models normally have pretty low rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – The more miles you rack up on your Buick every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Many insurance companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos that sit idle most of the time receive better premium rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It’s a good idea to make sure your auto insurance coverage reflects the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Regal can result in significantly higher rates.
- Expect high rates for teens – More experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and usually have better credit. Inexperience drivers are statistically shown to be inattentive when driving so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
- Don’t abuse policy claims – Companies in Louisiana award the best rates to drivers who only file infrequent claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to higher rates. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- High comp and collision deductibles equal low rates – Physical damage coverage, also called ‘full coverage’, protects your Buick from damage. A few examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles you choose are how much you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. The more of the claim the insured is willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Accidents can increase prices – Having just one ticket may cause rates to rise twenty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have received multiple citations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find that they have to to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
Insurance loss data for Buick Regal vehicles – Companies use past insurance losses to help determine rates. Vehicles that statistically have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table shown below demonstrates the collected loss data for Buick Regal vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, equals 100. Numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are 100 or greater indicate more frequent losses or tendency to have larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Buick Regal Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Regal 2WD 96 92 82 104 94 97 Buick Regal 4WD 113 87BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Persistence pays off
Cheap Buick Regal insurance in New Orleans can be bought online as well as from independent agents in New Orleans, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. A few companies may not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to reduce Buick Regal insurance prices online in New Orleans. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with the least-expected company.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, high prices, extreme rates for teen drivers or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching auto insurance companies is less work than it seems.
Steps to buying cheaper Buick Regal insurance in New Orleans
Truthfully, the best way to get discount car insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from insurers in New Orleans.
- First, read and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a substandard credit score can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment for your new policy. Be sure to put the proof of insurance paperwork in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good piece of advice is to use identical coverages on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
More learning opportunities
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- How Much is New Orleans Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Used Cars in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- How Much are New Orleans Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)