It’s safe to conclude that insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Insureds who do rate comparisons will most likely buy a new policy because there are good odds of getting low-cost coverage. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who routinely shopped around saved approximately $865 a year compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding discount rates on Chevy Bolt EV insurance in New Orleans is why you’re here, then knowing how to find companies and compare coverages can save money and time.
If you want to save money, the best way to find more affordable Chevy Bolt EV insurance in New Orleans is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers who sell insurance in Louisiana. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how companies price auto insurance and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many rating factors that increase rates like traffic violations and a lousy credit rating can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a completed application and payment for your new policy. Once the paperwork is finalized, store the proof of insurance certificate somewhere easily accessible.
A tip to remember is that you use the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get rates from all possible companies. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
If you are already insured or just want cheaper rates, you can learn to reduce the price you pay and possibly find even better coverage. Locating the best rates in New Orleans is not rocket science. Comparison shoppers just need to know the most efficient way to buy insurance online.
Reducing your insurance rates is a great way to save money. Consumers just need to take the time comparing rate quotes provided by online insurance companies.
It’s so fast and easy to compare price quotes online that it makes it obsolete to waste gas driving to insurance agencies in your area. Comparing online rate quotes makes this process obsolete unless you’re the type of person who wants the trained guidance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. Although you can compare the best prices online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in New Orleans, LA. To find the cheapest car insurance in New Orleans, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Verify you’re receiving every discount
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden ways to save on insurance.
- Low Miles Discount – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with cheaper prices.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but companies like GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some larger companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current Bolt EV insurance policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking time to complete a driver safety class is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best insurance rates when compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Drivers who insure more than one vehicle on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the medical payments premium.
- College Student – Older children living away from New Orleans attending college without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But all discounts will definitely lower your insurance premiums.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- State Farm has discounts for accident-free, safe vehicle, good student, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, passive restraint, and good driver.
- GEICO discounts include military active duty, daytime running lights, seat belt use, federal employee, good student, and membership and employees.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for exclusive group savings, newly married, safety features, hybrid vehicle, teen driver discount, newly retired, and new vehicle discount.
- The Hartford has savings for air bag, driver training, bundle, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
- MetLife may have discounts that include claim-free, accident-free, defensive driver, good driver, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and good student.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above may not be available in your state. To view companies with the best discounts in Louisiana, click this link.
Three reasons insurance is important
Despite the high cost, paying for insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will require that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Chevy at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your Chevy and your assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $810 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
When should I talk to an insurance agent?
Many drivers still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Agents can make sure you are properly covered and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about comparing rates online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in New Orleans who will return price quotes to get your business. You don’t have to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If for some reason you want to get a price quote for a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best company requires more thought than just the price. Any agent in New Orleans should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in New Orleans?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Where would glass claims be handled in New Orleans?
- Is the agency active in community causes in New Orleans?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?