How many times have you put off comparing quotes for cheaper Chevy Spark EV insurance in New Orleans? Nobody I know looks forward to paying premiums for auto insurance, especially when they could find better prices if they shop around.
Sad but true, most drivers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never compared rate quotes at all. New Orleans insurance shoppers could save approximately 35% a year just by shopping around, but they just don’t understand the actual amount they would save if they bought a different policy.
Steps to finding affordable Chevy Spark EV insurance in New Orleans
The best way we recommend to get affordable Chevy Spark EV insurance is to regularly compare quotes from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in New Orleans.
First, gain an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause high rates like accidents, traffic violations, and poor credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover the details to prevent high rates and find missing discounts.
Second, get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, tell your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application for your new policy. Be sure to place your new proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One bit of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this ensures a level playing field and a good representation of prices.
You have multiple car insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s a good thing to have a selection, more choices can make it harder to compare rates for Chevy Spark EV insurance in New Orleans.
When shopping for the cheapest Chevrolet Spark EV rate quotes, there are a couple of ways to obtain and compare prices from auto insurance companies in your area. The quickest method to comparison shop is to perform an online rate comparison.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it replaces the need to actually drive to each insurance agency near you. Comparing online rate quotes eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you prefer the trained guidance of a local New Orleans agent. If you prefer, some companies allow you to get prices online but have a local agent actually write the policy. When price shopping your coverage, making a lot of price comparisons will increase your chances of finding better pricing.
The following companies offer quotes in New Orleans, LA. In order to find the best auto insurance in New Orleans, LA, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Save with these premium slashing discounts
Car insurance companies do not advertise their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying a policy with several vehicles on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies give discounts for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current Spark EV insurance policy. You may see this discount when you get New Orleans auto insurance quotes online.
- Paperless Signup – Many larger companies provide a small discount simply for signing on their website.
- Life Insurance – Some insurance carriers give a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or former government employment can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Seniors may receive better car insurance rates.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Driving Data Discount – People who choose to allow their company to study when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
To view companies that offer multiple discounts in Louisiana, click this link.
Insurance agent or online?
Many drivers still like to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find lower rates and still buy from a local agent. Supporting local agencies is definitely important in New Orleans.
Upon completion of this quick form, your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can find better rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Not all auto insurance agents are the same
If you need to find a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents to choose from. Insurance agencies are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not locked into one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If they quote lower rates, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part. When comparing insurance rates, we highly recommend that you get rate quotes from a few independent agents to maximize your price options.
Below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in New Orleans that can give you price quotes.
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company’s prices like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which can be an advantage.
Shown below are New Orleans exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
Larry Talamo – State Farm Insurance Agent
6506 Spanish Fort Blvd – New Orleans, LA 70124 – (504) 282-3474 – View Map
Picking an car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. These questions are important to ask:
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
If you receive answers to your satisfaction for all questions you ask and an acceptable price quote, you may have found an insurance agency that meets the requirements to properly service your insurance policy.
Eight Tips to Get Cheap New Orleans Insurance Prices
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the elements that come into play when calculating your premiums. If you know what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you big savings.
The following are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine your prices.
- Experienced drivers pay less – Inexperience drivers are known to get distracted easily with other occupants in the car therefore insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a young driver to your policy can cause a big jump in price. More mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are generally more financially stable.
- Cheaper rates after marriage – Having a significant other may save some money when buying insurance. It generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and responsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Always keep your insurance policy in place – Allowing your insurance policy to lapse is a quick way to increase your renewal premiums. Not only will you pay more, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in a license revocation or jail time.
- Gender and car insurance costs – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Males and females have auto accidents at about the same rate, but males cause more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 have the highest risk to insure so it costs more to insure them.
- How’s your driving record? – Having a single speeding ticket or other violation can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Attentive drivers receive lower rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers with dangerous violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find they need to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s licensing department in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Where you live factors in – Choosing to live in a rural area has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. Fewer people means less chance of accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. Drivers in populated Louisiana areas tend to have more auto accidents and a longer drive to work. The longer drive time means more chance of being in an accident.
- Insurance costs are higher for high performance vehicles – The type of car you need to insure makes a huge difference in your rates. The most favorable rates will generally be found on small economy passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Put fewer miles on your vehicle – Driving a lot of miles in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of companies charge rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars left parked in the garage get more affordable rates than those that get driven frequently. Having the wrong rating on your Spark EV may be costing you. Ask your agent if your vehicle rating is rated on annual mileage.
Why insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in New Orleans, insurance serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects your Chevy Spark EV and your assets. It will also cover medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. On average, a vehicle owner in New Orleans overpays more than $865 each year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
A little work can save a LOT of money
We just showed you a lot of techniques to shop for Chevy Spark EV insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Regional companies may have significantly lower car insurance rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Lower-priced insurance in New Orleans is definitely available on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
How to find cheaper Chevy Spark EV insurance in New Orleans
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get the cheapest Chevy Spark EV insurance is to compare prices annually from providers in New Orleans.
First, take a little time to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as traffic citations, accidents, and a low credit score can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in New Orleans. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, notify your company or agent to cancel your current policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for the new policy. Don’t forget to keep the new certificate of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The most important part of this process is to make sure you enter identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and to quote with all possible companies. This provides the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Uber Drivers in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- How Much is New Orleans Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)