It’s amazing but most drivers have been with the same company for more than four years, and almost half have never compared rates with other companies. Most drivers in Louisiana can cut their rates by approximately 35% a year by just shopping around, but they don’t know the amount of money they would save if they switch to a new company.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find affordable quotes for Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from companies who can sell car insurance in New Orleans.
- It will benefit you to learn about what is in your policy and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as high-risk driving behaviors and a negative credit rating can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Continue reading for more details to get cheaper rates and get additional discounts.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on Explorer Sport Trac insurance in New Orleans. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One tip to remember is that you use identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
All the larger car insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive make it easy to get prices for coverage on their websites. Getting Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance prices online is pretty painless as you just enter your personal and coverage information on the page. Upon sending the form, the system makes automated requests for reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price quote based on the data you entered. Using the web to get rate quotes for Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in New Orleans makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s very important to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find a better rate.
To quickly compare rates now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you type in deductibles and limits as shown on your current policy. This way, you are getting a fair comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The following companies provide free quotes in Louisiana. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Explorer Sport Trac, almost all lenders will force you to buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a more expensive rate and require you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Ford. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in America overpays more than $830 a year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Insurance rate breakdown
The coverage table shown next outlines estimates of insurance rates for Ford Explorer Sport Trac models. Having a better understanding of how policy premiums are calculated can help guide drivers when making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Explorer Sport Trac XLT 2WD||$196||$332||$436||$26||$130||$1,120||$93|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited 2WD||$224||$332||$436||$26||$130||$1,148||$96|
|Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4WD||$224||$332||$436||$26||$130||$1,148||$96|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4WD||$254||$404||$436||$26||$130||$1,250||$104|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited AWD||$254||$404||$436||$26||$130||$1,250||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Louisiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in zip code location which can raise or lower prices considerably.
Ford Explorer Sport Trac liability rates compared to full coverage
The example below compares Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance prices with and without full coverage. Data assumes no claims or driving citations, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no set rule for phasing out physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Ford Explorer Sport Trac settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after paying your deductible. If you are currently paying more than $600 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not a good plan. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Affordable New Orleans insurance rates with discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always list every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list some of the more common and the more hidden credits available to you.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will qualify for a discount on a New Orleans auto insurance quote.
- Buy New and Save – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them prior to your current Explorer Sport Trac insurance policy expiration. You may see this discount when you get New Orleans auto insurance quotes online.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount depending on where you live.
Don’t be surprised that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Ford Explorer Sport Trac car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premiums are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Louisiana state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, multi-car, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Insurance companies that possibly offer some of the discounts shown above include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company which credits you are entitled to. Savings may not apply in New Orleans. If you would like to view insurers offering insurance discounts in New Orleans, click this link.
How to know if you need help
Always remember that when buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different so this has to be addressed.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Is my Ford Explorer Sport Trac covered if I use it for business?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Ratings for Louisiana car insurance companies
Ending up with the highest-rated auto insurance provider is hard considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Louisiana. The company information below may help you analyze which companies you want to consider when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+