To save the most money, the best way to get more affordable Ford Fusion insurance in New Orleans is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies in Louisiana.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One important bit of advice is to use identical limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Anyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Insureds who shop around for cheaper price quotes are likely to switch auto insurance companies because the odds are good of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent auto insurance study revealed that drivers who compared rates once a year saved approximately $860 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the best rates on Ford Fusion insurance is your ultimate target, learning how to find companies and compare insurance premiums can make shopping around easier.
Compare free New Orleans Ford Fusion insurance price quotes
The following companies can provide price quotes in New Orleans, LA. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Companies offer lots of discounts on Ford Fusion insurance in New Orleans
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may qualify for discounts that can help lower your rates. Some discounts will apply at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with better insurance rates if you take out life insurance.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Military Rewards – Having an actively deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- Multiple Cars – Having more than one vehicle with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a new policy early. The savings is around 10%.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Policy discounts save money, but many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic. But any discount will definitely reduce the premium cost.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Ford Fusion auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The information is based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Louisiana state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
The best insurance companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- American Family has savings for multi-vehicle, air bags, early bird, good student, TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, and mySafetyValet.
- State Farm includes discounts for Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, good student, anti-theft, accident-free, and multiple policy.
- 21st Century offers discounts for air bags, 55 and older, teen driver, anti-lock brakes, homeowners, and student driver.
- Travelers discounts include continuous insurance, student away at school, early quote, payment discounts, new car, and driver training.
- GEICO offers discounts including daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, driver training, multi-policy, good student, and military active duty.
If you need affordable Ford Fusion insurance quotes, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in your state. To view insurance companies who offer cheap Ford Fusion insurance quotes in New Orleans, follow this link.
Ford Fusion insurance rates and statistics
The table shown below highlights a range of insurance rates for Ford Fusion models. Learning more about how insurance prices are determined can be useful when making informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$250||$502||$524||$32||$158||$1,466||$122|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$284||$592||$524||$32||$158||$1,590||$133|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$284||$682||$656||$38||$196||$1,856||$155|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$284||$592||$524||$32||$158||$1,590||$133|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$284||$592||$524||$32||$158||$1,590||$133|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$316||$682||$524||$32||$158||$1,712||$143|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$316||$682||$524||$32||$158||$1,712||$143|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Louisiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in garaging location in New Orleans which can affect coverage rates noticeably.
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Ford Fusion insurance prices for different insured age categories. The premiums assume a married female driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The illustration below shows how traffic citations and accidents can drive up Ford Fusion insurance premiums for each age group. The data assumes a married male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage?
The example below illustrates the comparison of Ford Fusion auto insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The data is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no exact rule of when to exclude physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of full coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Ford Fusion book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $4,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying more than $400 annually for full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Compare prices but buy from a local New Orleans insurance agent
Some consumers would rather get advice from a local agent and that can be a smart move Good insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. A good thing about comparing rates online is you can get cheap car insurance rates and still have a local agent. Buying from local insurance agents is especially important in New Orleans.
After filling out this quick form, the coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area that provide free New Orleans car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on a insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. A good agent in New Orleans will have answers to these questions.
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Where would glass claims be handled in New Orleans?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Is the agency active in community causes in New Orleans?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When selecting your policy, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Your situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Car insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is mandatory in Louisiana but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Ford, most lenders will force you to buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford for a much higher rate and make you pay for it.
- Car insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. An average driver in America is wasting up to $865 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Car insurance terms can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Ford Fusion.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 15/30/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive auto coverage – Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, vandalism and theft. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision – This covers damage to your Fusion from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things like rolling your car, scraping a guard rail, colliding with a tree and crashing into a building. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Fusion in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses like rehabilitation expenses, chiropractic care, pain medications, EMT expenses and nursing services. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Auto liability insurance – This will cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see values of 15/30/25 that translate to a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against things like pain and suffering, emergency aid, structural damage and medical expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Louisiana requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/25 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
The illustration below shows why buying low liability limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Insurance savings summarized
People leave their current company for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, unfair underwriting practices, policy cancellation and denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company is actually quite simple.
We just showed you some good ideas how you can shop for Ford Fusion insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even discover the most savings is with an unexpected company.
Cheap Ford Fusion insurance in New Orleans can be purchased on the web as well as from independent agents in New Orleans, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not have rate quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Uber Drivers in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- How Much are New Orleans Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)