If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get affordable car insurance rates is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers in New Orleans. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- First, spend some time learning about the different coverages in a policy and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many things that cause rate increases such as accidents, careless driving, and poor credit history can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for additional ideas to help reduce prices and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Second, request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Entourage insurance in New Orleans. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, put the new certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Unfortunately, a large majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. The average driver in the United States could save themselves almost $860 a year, but they just don’t understand how much savings they would realize if they bought a different policy.
Reducing your insurance rates isn’t really that difficult. Drivers just need to take the time comparing rates provided by online insurance companies.
It’s so easy to compare rate quotes online that it replaces the need to spend your day driving to and from local insurance agencies. The ability to get quotes online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you prefer the professional abilities of a local agency. However, consumers can price shop online but buy the policy through an agent.
The companies in the list below provide price quotes in Louisiana. To locate cheaper car insurance in New Orleans, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Best reasons to buy auto insurance in Louisiana
Despite the potentially high cost of Hyundai Entourage insurance, buying auto insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
First, almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability protection in order to be legal. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your car, most banks will force you to have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Hyundai for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
Third, auto insurance protects both your Hyundai Entourage and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in Louisiana overpays more than $865 each year so shop around every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Discounts can help to save on Hyundai Entourage insurance in New Orleans
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts to help offset the cost. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Save with a New Car – Buying car insurance coverage on a new vehicle may earn a small discount because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency and earn discounts up to 10% off your New Orleans car insurance quote.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
Don’t be surprised that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Companies who might offer most of the discounts above possibly include:
If you are trying to find affordable Hyundai Entourage insurance quotes, ask every company how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts might not apply in New Orleans. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers offering car insurance discounts in New Orleans, follow this link.
Independent and exclusive insurance agencies
Some people prefer to buy from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting small agencies is definitely important in New Orleans.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent instantly to you. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, feel free to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
When finding local New Orleans agents, it’s important to understand the different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance policy providers are either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types of agents can handle insurance, but we need to point out the subtle differences because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are appointed with more than one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will want to get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in New Orleans that may be able to give price quote information.
These type of agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in New Orleans that are able to give rate quotes.
Andy Bowden – State Farm Insurance Agent
6325 Elysian Fields Ave a – New Orleans, LA 70122 – (504) 288-2219 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Here are some questions to ask:
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
More quotes mean more auto insurance savings
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
The cheapest Hyundai Entourage insurance in New Orleans is definitely available on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and these regional carriers only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Young Drivers in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150 in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)