It’s an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Drivers who compare other rates are likely to switch to a new company because there are good odds of finding a policy with better rates. A recent study showed that people who shopped around every year saved $865 annually as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If saving money on Kia Stinger insurance is your goal, then having some insight into how to shop and compare insurance can help you succeed in saving money.
It takes a little time, but the best way to find cheaper quotes for Kia Stinger insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers who can sell car insurance in New Orleans.
- Step 1: Try to understand how companies price auto insurance and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as getting speeding tickets and a negative credit rating can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies. View prices
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the newly selected company. Be sure to keep your new certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
A crucial key to this process is to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
This information will help you learn the best way to quote coverages and how you can save the most money. If you have insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using the ideas you’re about to read. You only have to learn the best way to shop using one simple form.
The fastest way that we advise to compare policy rates for Kia Stinger insurance in New Orleans takes advantage of the fact car insurance companies allow for online access to provide you with a free rate quote. All consumers are required to do is provide a little information such as whether you are married, if a SR-22 is needed, whether you drive to work or school, and driver ages. Your details is instantly sent to multiple different insurance companies and you receive quotes within a short period of time.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and enter your zip code.
The following companies offer quotes in New Orleans, LA. If you want cheaper car insurance in Louisiana, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
New Orleans insurance discounts for a Kia Stinger
Auto insurance companies don’t list all their discounts very clearly, so here is a list some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous credits that may apply to you.
- Low Mileage – Low annual miles could qualify for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 could receive a slight reduction on a New Orleans auto insurance quote.
- Anti-theft System – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Own a Home and Save – Simply owning a home can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
As a sidenote, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A few companies that may offer some of the discounts shown above possibly include:
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not be available in New Orleans.
Shop online but buy locally
Some people still like to talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. Insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance quotes and still have a local agent. Buying from local agents is important particularly in New Orleans.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is submitted to participating agents in New Orleans who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. If you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
When finding a reputable agency, there are two types of agencies that you can select. Agents can either be independent or exclusive. Both types of agents can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into the type of agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing insurance prices, it’s a good idea to check rates from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options. Most also write with companies that do not advertise much which can be an advantage.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agents in New Orleans that may be able to give price quote information.
- Dan Burghardt Insurance Agency
5741 Crowder Blvd – New Orleans, LA 70127 – (504) 241-7283 – View Map
- Martin Insurance Agency, Inc
4700 Orleans Ave – New Orleans, LA 70119 – (504) 486-6133 – View Map
- First Insurance, Inc.
First Bank and Trust Building, 909 Poydras St #2260 – New Orleans, LA 70112 – (504) 322-4927 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only provide one company’s prices and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are trained well on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. Consumers sometimes use the same agent primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
Below are exclusive agencies in New Orleans willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Ben Guillory – State Farm Insurance Agent
4111 Franklin Ave – New Orleans, LA 70122 – (504) 943-4055 – View Map
- Randy Bordlee – State Farm Insurance Agent
4650 General De Gaulle Dr #102 – New Orleans, LA 70131 – (504) 392-9300 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Kenneth Taylor
7037 Canal Blvd #201 – New Orleans, LA 70124 – (504) 283-9310 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in New Orleans?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
There’s no such thing as the perfect car insurance policy
Always remember that when buying your policy for your vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Your situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Components of Your Kia Stinger Insurance Premiums
Many different elements are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, although others are not as apparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
- Know your credit history – Your credit history is likely to be a major factor in determining premium rates. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit scores. So if your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your Kia Stinger by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- With age comes lower premiums – Inexperience drivers have been known to be easily distracted when driving so they pay higher auto insurance rates. More experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
- Type of car determines base rates – The performance level of the car you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in your premium level. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Save miles driven and save money – The more you drive your Kia in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure it. Almost all companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Make sure your auto insurance declarations sheet correctly shows annual mileage. An incorrectly rated Stinger may be wasting your money.
- Policy add-ons may be wasting money – Insurance policies have a lot of extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time when buying auto insurance. Things like rental car reimbursement, death and dismemberment, and Farm Bureau memberships are examples of these. These coverages may sound good when deciding what coverages you need, but if you have no use for them consider taking them off your policy.
- Cheaper rates by bundling – Lots of auto insurance companies provide discounts to policyholders that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you already get this discount, it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- You might have higher costs if you are single – Walking down the aisle can get you a discount compared to being single. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are more stable financially and statistics prove married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Pay less with a high NHTSA crash test rating – Vehicles that have high safety ratings get lower rates. Safer cars protect occupants better and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Kia Stinger scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high insurance cost for a Kia Stinger in New Orleans, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Stinger, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Kia at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Kia gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your Stinger definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average driver in Louisiana is wasting up to $810 a year so you should quote rates every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Cover all your bases
We’ve covered a lot of information how to lower your Kia Stinger insurance prices in New Orleans. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting cheaper New Orleans auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest prices are with a small mutual company. These companies often have lower rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Affordable Kia Stinger insurance in New Orleans is possible online as well as from independent agents in New Orleans, so you should compare both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers don’t offer rates over the internet and these small insurance companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
When buying insurance coverage, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
Additional car insurance information is located at these links:
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Company Car in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest New Orleans Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are New Orleans Auto Insurance Quotes for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)