A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that almost 70% of insureds have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. With the average premium in Louisiana being $2,900, drivers could save as much as $900 a year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand how much money they would save if they bought a different policy.
Really, the only way to find affordable quotes for auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in New Orleans.
Step 1: Try to learn a little about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an imperfect credit score can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple sources. Start a quote
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit a signed application and payment for the new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork along with your vehicle registration.
An important note is to make sure you enter identical coverages on each price quote and and to look at as many carriers as you can. This guarantees a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Our objective is to introduce you to how to get online quotes and also save some money in the process If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to reduce premiums using these methods. Smart buyers just need to use the best way to compare different rates instantly.
You may qualify for discounts for Lincoln MKC insurance in New Orleans
Some insurance providers don’t always list all discounts very clearly, so below is a list a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous ways to save on auto insurance. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you could be saving more on your auto insurance.
- Telematics Data – Policyholders that allow companies to analyze where and when they drive by using a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could see a rate decrease if they have good driving habits.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Multi-line Discount – Some auto insurance companies give lower prices if you buy life insurance.
- Anti-theft System – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Good Driver Discount – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
Discounts lower rates, but some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
Larger auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- Progressive has discounts for good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for electronic funds transfer, homeowner, alternative fuel, distant student, and business and professional.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including youthful driver, driver training, multi-vehicle, safe driver, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, multiple policy, and good student.
- GEICO may have discounts that include membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, federal employee, and military active duty.
- SAFECO discounts include teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, drive less, safe driver, teen safe driver, and bundle discounts.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for new move discount, teen driver discount, good student, newly married, safety features, newly retired, and multi-policy.
When getting free New Orleans car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts may not be available in New Orleans. For a list of insurers who offer auto insurance discounts in New Orleans, click here.
The easiest way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to know the fact most of the larger companies have advanced systems to provide you with free rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is give them rating details such as which vehicles you own, how much school you completed, whether or not you need a SR-22, and driver details. Your information is instantly provided to all major companies and they provide comparison quotes almost instantly.
To check Lincoln MKC insurance prices now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in New Orleans.
The following companies have been selected to offer price quotes in New Orleans, LA. If you want to find the cheapest car insurance in New Orleans, LA, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When it comes to adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are unique to you.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Does my Lincoln MKC need full coverage?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Lincoln MKC is totaled?
- Who is covered when they drive my Lincoln MKC?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- What does medical payments cover?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance agent or online?
Many drivers still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Licensed agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get better rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting local agents is important especially in New Orleans.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to insurance agents in New Orleans that can provide free New Orleans car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered to you. If you need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Different types of car insurance agents in New Orleans
If you are searching for a local insurance agency, you should know the types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Agents can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can handle auto insurance, but it is a good idea to know why they differ since it can impact your agent selection.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not limited to a single company and that gives them the ability to insure through many different auto insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part.
When shopping rates, you absolutely need to compare prices from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of which may have better rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in New Orleans that may be able to give you price quote information.
- USAgencies Insurance
6003 Bullard Ave #6 – New Orleans, LA 70128 – (504) 517-8884 – View Map
- Above and Beyond Insurance Agency LLC
10001 Lake Forest Blvd #315 – New Orleans, LA 70127 – (504) 383-7432 – View Map
- Southern Insurance Agency, LLC
725 Magazine St E – New Orleans, LA 70130 – (504) 528-9242 – View Map
Exclusive agents work for only one company such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Drivers often buy from exclusive agents partially due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below are New Orleans exclusive agents who can help you get price quote information.
- State Farm: Chris Nolan
Place St. Charles, 201 St Charles Ave #224 – New Orleans, LA 70170 – (504) 522-9560 – View Map
- Randy Bordlee – State Farm Insurance Agent
4650 General De Gaulle Dr #102 – New Orleans, LA 70131 – (504) 392-9300 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Rene Manfre
13040 I- 10 Service Rd – New Orleans, LA 70128 – (504) 218-1586 – View Map
Deciding on a insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Any good agent in New Orleans should know the answers to these questions.
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in New Orleans?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- When do they do policy reviews?
One last note
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an insured cut collision coverage and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including denial of a claim, delays in paying claims, policy cancellation or lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right auto insurance provider can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Lower-priced auto insurance in New Orleans is attainable online as well as from independent agents in New Orleans, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agencies.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for First-time Drivers in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap New Orleans Car Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)