A study showed that about 70% of customers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. Many consumers in New Orleans could cut their rates by roughly $900 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to compare rates.
The easiest way to get budget car insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers in New Orleans. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- First, take a few minutes and learn about how auto insurance works and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like careless driving and a low credit score can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Keep reading for more information to get cheaper rates and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies. Compare rates
- Third, compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment and a signed application to the new company. Make sure you safely store the certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One bit of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price estimates from all possible companies. This guarantees a level playing field and the best rate selection.
Best Pontiac Solstice insurance price quotes in Louisiana
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in New Orleans, LA. To find the cheapest car insurance in New Orleans, we suggest you compare several of them to get the lowest price.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you may qualify for discounts that may help make it more affordable. A few discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Government Employees – Federal government employees can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
- Defensive Driver – Taking time to complete a driver safety course is a good idea and can lower rates and make you a better driver.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of up to 25% or more.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a home in New Orleans can earn you a little savings since home ownership is proof of financial responsibility.
- College Student Discount – College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from New Orleans and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted insurance rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies offer discounts for switching companies early. You could save around 10% when you buy New Orleans auto insurance online.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their New Orleans auto insurance quote compared to accident prone drivers.
Please keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount should definitely cut the premium cost.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- Esurance has discounts for claim free, anti-theft, Switch & Save, online quote, renters, and homeowner.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for defensive driver, air bag, good student, anti-theft, and bundle.
- AAA has savings for good student, education and occupation, pay-in-full, anti-theft, and multi-car.
- GEICO discounts include anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, air bags, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for student away at school, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, driver’s education, and multiple autos.
It’s a good idea to ask each company how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts might not apply in your state. To view insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Louisiana, click here to view.
Why Smart Consumers Pay Less for Pontiac Solstice Insurance
Many things are used when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are less apparent such as your marital status or your commute time. The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the things that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you lower rates.
Shown below are some of the factors that factor into your rate level.
- Premiums drop with age – Drivers with little experience are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Older drivers are more cautious drivers, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers.
- Gaps in coverage mean higher auto insurance rates – Driving your car without having proper coverage is a big no-no and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage lapse. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage may result in a revoked license or a big fine.
- Gender and insurance coverage premiums – Over time, data shows that females take fewer risks when driving. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Women and men are in accidents in similar percentages, but men have costlier accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men have more aggressive citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- Avoid unnecessary extra policy coverages – Policies have optional add-on coverages that you can buy when buying auto insurance. Coverages for roadside assistance, towing, and extra life insurance coverage are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so remove them and pocket the money.
- Cars with good safety ratings means cheaper auto insurance rates – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have lower insurance rates. The safest vehicles reduce occupant injuries and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and cheaper rates on your policy.
Insurance agents can help
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different and your policy should reflect that.
These are some specific questions might point out if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Neighborhood New Orleans auto insurance agents
A small number of people would rather buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that The best thing about comparing car insurance online is you may find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in New Orleans.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your information is emailed to participating agents in New Orleans who want to provide quotes for your business. There is no reason to find an agent as quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, you can always jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Below are agents in New Orleans that may be able to provide comparison quotes for Pontiac Solstice insurance in New Orleans.
- Lovecchio Insurance
1510 Robert E Lee Blvd – New Orleans, LA 70122 – (504) 284-7778 – View Map
- Murphy Insurance LLC
2107 Soniat St – New Orleans, LA 70115 – (504) 899-8010 – View Map
- Hartwig Moss Insurance Agency
2626 Canal St #3 – New Orleans, LA 70119 – (504) 525-9901 – View Map
- Alan Jackson – State Farm Insurance Agent
7045 Read Blvd Ste 108 – New Orleans, LA 70127 – (504) 241-6799 – View Map
Finding the right company should depend on more than just the price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
Upon receiving answers to your satisfaction for all questions you ask as well as affordable Pontiac Solstice insurance rates in New Orleans quotes, you may have just found an insurance company that is professional and can service your policy.
Lower rates by being persistent
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can shop for Pontiac Solstice insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even find the lowest premium rates come from a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
When shopping online for auto insurance, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Hybrid Vehicles in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- How Much is New Orleans Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for First-time Drivers in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)