Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that about 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and almost half have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average premium in Louisiana being $2,857, drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare other rate quotes.
The easiest way to save money on auto insurance rates in New Orleans is to compare prices regularly from providers in Louisiana. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- First, get an understanding of what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like traffic violations, accidents, and a not-so-good credit score can be remedied by paying attention to minor details. Later in this article we will cover more details to get cheaper rates and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Second, compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you find better rates, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment and a signed application to the new company. Once received, place the new certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
A good piece of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. This ensures an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
If you have coverage now or just want cheaper coverage, use these tips to reduce premiums and possibly find even better coverage. Finding affordable auto insurance coverage in New Orleans is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. Smart buyers just have to learn the quickest method to get comparison quotes from many companies at once.
How to buy New Orleans Nissan 370Z insurance online
The following companies are our best choices to provide quotes in New Orleans, LA. To locate cheaper car insurance in LA, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Get lower-cost Nissan 370Z insurance in New Orleans with discounts
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain credits will be shown when you get a quote, but a few need to be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Driver Education Discount – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all auto insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower price if you buy life insurance from them.
- Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure multiple cars on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Progressive and Allstate may permit one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break just for signing your application over the internet.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Professional Memberships – Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations can get you a small discount on your next auto insurance statement.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount will help reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Nissan 370Z auto insurance rates with and without some available policy discounts. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Louisiana state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, marriage, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- AAA discounts include pay-in-full, good driver, multi-car, good student, multi-policy, anti-theft, and AAA membership discount.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including distant student, pay in full, homeowner, teen driver, early shopping, business and professional, and youthful driver.
- GEICO may include discounts for military active duty, defensive driver, air bags, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, good student, and anti-theft.
- Esurance offers discounts for DriveSense, defensive driver, safety device, anti-lock brakes, good driver, emergency road assistance, and online quote.
- SAFECO has savings for bundle discounts, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, safe driver, anti-theft, drive less, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for accident-free, passive restraint, good student, student away at school, and driver’s education.
When comparing rates, check with every company the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts might not apply in your state. To find insurance companies who offer online Nissan 370Z insurance quotes in New Orleans, follow this link.
Rate information and statistics
The table displayed next showcases a range of coverage prices for Nissan 370Z models. Understanding how insurance prices are formulated is important to be able to make smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|370Z 2-Dr Coupe||$388||$1008||$594||$36||$178||$2,204||$184|
|370Z 2-Dr Roadster||$432||$1008||$524||$32||$158||$2,154||$180|
|370Z Touring 2-Dr Coupe||$432||$1142||$594||$36||$178||$2,382||$199|
|370Z Touring 2-Dr Roadster||$432||$1008||$524||$32||$158||$2,154||$180|
|370Z Nismo 2-Dr Coupe||$432||$1274||$594||$36||$178||$2,514||$210|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Louisiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in specific New Orleans garaging location which can decrease or increase rates significantly.
The example below demonstrates how deductible levels and can change Nissan 370Z insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The information is based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage?
The information below shows the difference between Nissan 370Z insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The costs are based on no accidents or driving violations, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no specific rule to eliminate physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Nissan 370Z replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $7,000 after paying your deductible. If premium cost is more than $700 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some conditions where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Are insurance agencies used anymore?
A lot of people prefer to talk to a local agent and that is just fine! Good insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find the lowest rates and also buy local.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in New Orleans who will give you bids for your business. You won’t even need to leave your house because prices are sent to you instantly. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best insurance company should depend on more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
The following is a short list of insurance companies in New Orleans that may be willing to give comparison quotes for Nissan 370Z insurance in New Orleans.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Smart Choices Result in Lower Insurance Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. If you know what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in better car insurance rates.
Do females or males drive better? – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. The data does not necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Females and males tend to get into at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the men cause more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are the most expensive to insure and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Nissan 370Z car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no accidents, no driving violations, full coverage, $100 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
- Always keep your coverage in force – Driving without insurance is against the law and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage will get you a steep fine or even jail time. Then you may be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Louisiana DMV.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies in Louisiana give most affordable rates to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Big city or small town – Choosing to live in a small town has it’s advantages when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers on the road means reduced accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. Residents of big cities tend to have more road rage incidents and a longer drive to work. Higher commute times can result in more accidents.
- Pay less with a high safety rating – Safe vehicles are cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and better occupant protection means your insurance company pays less and thus lower rates. If your Nissan 370Z scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may cost less to insure.
Expect high rates for teens – Mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations. Beginning drivers tend to be less responsible when behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
The data below is based on a single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Rates and occupation – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupations like fire fighters, air traffic controllers, and financial analysts usually pay the highest rates in part from job stress and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, jobs such as farmers, students and performers pay the least.
Insurance loss data for a Nissan 370Z – Companies use statistical claims data when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that historically have higher losses will cost more for specific coverages.
The table shown below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Nissan 370Z vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles combined as an average equals 100. Values that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentage values above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Nissan 370Z Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan 370Z 2dr 164 88 132 91 88 Nissan 370Z Convertible 129 73BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Nissan 370Z insurance, insurance serves an important purpose.
First, the majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Nissan 370Z has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will require that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Nissan at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also cover medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your 370Z are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. On average, a vehicle owner in New Orleans overpays as much as $850 per year so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
How to find a good Louisiana auto insurance company
Insuring your vehicle with the best car insurance company is hard considering how many choices there are in Louisiana. The company rank data in the next section can help you analyze which insurers to look at purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
One last thing to lower rates
Cheap Nissan 370Z insurance in New Orleans can be found both online as well as from independent agents in New Orleans, so you need to quote New Orleans car insurance with both to have the best selection. A few companies do not provide online rate quotes and usually these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
When you buy New Orleans car insurance online, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to shop for Nissan 370Z insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more you quote New Orleans car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices are with an unexpected company. These smaller insurers can often provide lower rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Even more information can be read in these articles:
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is New Orleans Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)