Are you regretting buying an expensive insurance policy? Say no more because many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out.
It’s hard to fathom, but the vast majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. Most drivers in Louisiana could save almost 35% each year, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to shop around. Insurance companies such as State Farm, Progressive and GEICO continually hit you with catchy ads and it is difficult to ignore the propaganda and take the time to shop coverage around.
Consumers need to take a look at other company’s rates occasionally since prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you found the best rates on Pontiac Aztek insurance in New Orleans six months ago you can probably find a better premium rate now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because I’m going to teach you the fastest way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
If you already have coverage or are looking for a new policy, you can use this information to lower your rates while maintaining coverages. Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in New Orleans seems hard but is not really that difficult. You just have to know the proper methods to compare rates instantly.
All the larger car insurance companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive provide prices directly from their websites. Comparing Pontiac Aztek insurance rates online is quite simple as you simply type in your coverage preferences into a form. When complete, their system makes automated requests for your driving record and credit report and generates a price. Quoting online for Pontiac Aztek insurance in New Orleans simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s also necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to find the cheapest price on car insurance.
To save time and get comparison pricing now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend that you enter the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Louisiana. To buy cheap car insurance in New Orleans, LA, it’s highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Reduce your auto insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you can inquire about if you buy New Orleans car insurance online. If you don’t get every credit available, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few auto insurance companies offer discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current Aztek insurance policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking part in a class that teaches safe driver techniques could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Multiple Cars – Having all your vehicles on the same auto insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Pontiac could qualify for substantially lower prices.
You should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic.
Larger auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- State Farm includes discounts for student away at school, good driver, driver’s education, multiple autos, and good student.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including federal employee, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, and multi-policy.
- Allstate offers discounts including defensive driver, 55 and retired, auto/life discount, anti-theft, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include teen safe driver, drive less, multi-car, anti-theft, bundle discounts, and safe driver.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for multi-vehicle, youthful driver, good student, multi-policy, renewal discount, and 55 and retired.
- Progressive has savings for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- AAA offers premium reductions for pay-in-full, anti-theft, good student, education and occupation, and multi-car.
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Savings might not be offered on policies in every state. If you would like to view companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in New Orleans, click this link.
How to find a good New Orleans car insurance company
Finding a highly-rated auto insurance company is hard considering how many companies sell insurance in Louisiana. The company ratings displayed below can help you decide which coverage providers to look at purchasing from.
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Educated Choices Result in Lower Insurance Rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that help determine the rates you pay for car insurance. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in big savings.
- How many miles do you drive? – The more miles you rack up on your Pontiac each year the more it will cost to insure it. Most companies apply a rate partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that are left in the garage can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. An incorrectly rated Aztek may be costing you. It’s a smart idea to ensure your declarations sheet is rated on the correct driver usage.
- Marriage brings a discount – Having a wife or husband may earn you lower rates when buying car insurance. Marriage is viewed as being more financially stable and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- See if your company offers a multi-policy discount – The majority of car insurance companies apply better rates to people who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s in your best interest to compare Pontiac Aztek rates in New Orleans to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Five star safety rating saves money – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles protect occupants better and reduced instances of injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Pontiac Aztek has at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
- Male prices may be higher – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. It does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. They both cause at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to get higher numbers of serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Adjust comp and collision deductibles and save – Your deductibles define the amount you are required to pay if the claim is covered. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims could be a windshield broken by a bird, fire damage, and damage from wind. The more of the claim the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
- Driver age impacts prices – Older drivers are shown to be more cautious, cause fewer claims and accidents, and usually have better credit. Youthful drivers have a tendency to be inattentive with other occupants in the car therefore car insurance rates are much higher.