It’s an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Drivers who shop around for a cheaper policy are likely to switch companies because there is a good probability of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent survey discovered that people who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved $865 a year compared to policyholders who never compared prices.
If finding the best rates on auto insurance in New Orleans is the reason for your visit, then having a good understanding how to find companies and compare coverage rates can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
If you want to save money, the best way to get affordable car insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from insurers who provide auto insurance in New Orleans. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
First, gain an understanding of the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as traffic violations, accidents, and a poor credit rating can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, give notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new insurer. Don’t forget to store the certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
An important part of this process is that you use similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and the best price selection.
The easiest way to compare car insurance rates for Saturn Astra insurance in New Orleans takes advantage of the fact most insurance companies have advanced systems to give rate comparisons. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give them some information like level of coverage desired, driver details, your education level, and whether you have decent credit. Your information is instantly sent to many highly-rated insurers and they return cost estimate within a short period of time.
To get price quotes for your Saturn Astra now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in New Orleans.
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Louisiana. To buy the cheapest auto insurance in LA, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Three good reasons to insure your vehicle
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is required in Louisiana but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Saturn has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Saturn at a much higher rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Saturn as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $850 per year so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Get Cheap Insurance Prices by Understanding These Factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could result in lower rates.
- Cars with good safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce injuries and better occupant protection translates directly to fewer claims and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Reserve claims for larger damages – Car insurance companies in Louisiana generally give better rates to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Insurance premiums and driver gender – Over time, data shows women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Both sexes cause accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species have accidents that have higher claims. Men also tend to get more serious tickets such as reckless driving.
- Accidents mean higher costs – Drivers with clean records get better rates as compared to careless drivers. Just one speeding ticket or other violation could increase your next policy renewal forty percent or more. Drivers who get severe citations such as reckless driving or DUI might be required by their state to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Prices may be lower depending on your job – Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupational choices like fire fighters, architects, and medical professionals tend to pay higher premiums than the average policyholder due to high stress and long work days. On the flip side, occupations such as actors, students and performers pay lower than average rates.
- Car insurance liability coverage limits – The liability coverage on your policy kicks in if you are ruled to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. This coverage provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so do not skimp.
- Your address can push rates up or down – Having an address in areas with lower population can save you money when talking about insurance. People who live in big cities have to deal with more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. Lower population corresponds to lower accident rates.
Best car insurance company in Louisiana
Selecting the highest-rated company is difficult considering how many companies there are in New Orleans. The rank data shown below may help you select which providers to look at putting your business with.
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
When getting New Orleans car insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, someone sacrificed full coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Some insurance providers may not provide rate quotes online and usually these small, regional companies work with independent insurance agencies. Cost effective Saturn Astra insurance is possible on the web and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims or not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Additional insurance information is available at the links below
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Grand Caravan in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)