We don’t have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. People who get price quotes annually will, in all likelihood, switch auto insurance companies because they have a good chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent survey revealed that drivers who did price comparisons regularly saved about $865 annually compared to people who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the cheapest price for Chevy SS insurance in New Orleans is your goal, then learning about how to compare insurance premiums can help make the process easier and more efficient.
The best way we recommend to save money on car insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from insurers in New Orleans.
- Take a little time to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many factors that result in higher rates such as inattentive driving and a lousy credit rating can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article gives more details to find cheap rates and find hidden discounts.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in New Orleans. If you find better rates, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One important bit of advice is to make sure you enter identical coverage information on each quote request and and to get price estimates from all possible companies. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Locating the best insurance company for you in New Orleans is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you have a current auto insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to shop for the lowest rates using the techniques presented in this article. Shoppers just have to know how to get comparison quotes online.
Affordable Chevy insurance prices in New Orleans
The companies shown below provide free quotes in New Orleans, LA. If you want the cheapest car insurance in New Orleans, LA, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Lower-cost New Orleans car insurance rates with discounts
Some providers don’t necessarily list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a home in New Orleans can save you money since owning and maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Drivers who insure all your vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Life Insurance Discount – Car insurance companies who offer life insurance give a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance too.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Military Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Sign Early and Save – Select insurance companies give a discount for switching policies prior to your current SS insurance policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Options like air bags can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Have your child successfully take a driver’s education course as it can save substantially.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for safe driver, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, good student, driver training, multi-policy, and renewal discount.
- State Farm discounts include passive restraint, accident-free, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, good student, and multiple policy.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, and online signing.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including good student, senior citizen, resident student, good payer, utility vehicle, and teenSMART discount.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include business or organization, accident-free, good student, Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, anti-theft, and defensive driving.
- MetLife has savings for defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, claim-free, good student, and multi-policy.
When comparing rates, check with all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in every state. To choose providers that offer multiple discounts in New Orleans, click this link.
Do I just need basic coverages?
Always remember that when buying the right insurance coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions could help you determine whether you might need professional guidance.
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Louisiana?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in New Orleans?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
When to have guidance from an insurance agent
Certain consumers still prefer to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Professional agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your information is instantly submitted to companies in New Orleans that can give you free New Orleans car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. If you want to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, you can always go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Get answers to these questions too.
- What companies can they write with?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
Shown below are New Orleans car insurance companies that can give you price quote information for Chevy SS insurance in New Orleans.
Integra Insurance in Baton Rouge, Shreveport and New Orleans | Texas and Louisiana Insurance Agents
2750 Lake Villa Dr #305 – Metairie, LA 70002 – (877) 969-3026 – View Map
Ratings for Louisiana car insurance companies
Ending up with the top insurance company can be a challenge considering how many companies sell coverage in Louisiana. The rank data shown below may help you select which car insurance companies to look at comparing rates with.
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
You can find cheaper coverage
We just showed you a lot of tips how to shop for Chevy SS insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more you quote New Orleans car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest prices are with an unexpected company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to buy enough coverage at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Even more information can be found in the articles below:
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Hybrid Vehicles in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest New Orleans Car Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap New Orleans Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- How Much is New Orleans Auto Insurance for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap New Orleans Car Insurance Rates for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)