If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get affordable Dodge Stratus insurance in New Orleans is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers who can sell car insurance in Louisiana.
- Gain an understanding of what is in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many things that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents and an unacceptable credit rating can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new company. Once the paperwork is finalized, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
An essential thing to point out is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s a known fact that auto insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Drivers who shop for lower rates are likely to switch to a new company because they stand a good chance of finding more affordable rates. A study discovered that drivers who shopped around every year saved approximately $3,500 over four years compared to other drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the lowest price for car insurance in New Orleans is the reason for your visit, then having some knowledge of how to get rate quotes and compare cheaper coverage can make shopping around easier.
Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in New Orleans is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. If you’re already insured or are looking for a new policy, you can use these techniques to buy cheaper insurance without reducing coverage. Consumers just have to understand the proper methods to shop their coverage around from multiple carriers.
Where can I get the cheapest New Orleans Dodge Stratus insurance?
The following companies offer quotes in Louisiana. If you want cheap auto insurance in New Orleans, LA, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance rates and discounts
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you can get discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some discounts will apply when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- College Student Discount – Youth drivers who are attending college and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Good Student – Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a New Orleans car insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Select larger companies give a discount for buying a policy prior to your current Stratus insurance policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles can earn slightly better rates than normal.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Auto insurance companies that may offer these money-saving discounts are:
When quoting, ask each company or agent how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in New Orleans. For a list of companies with discount car insurance rates in Louisiana, click here.
How to find a good New Orleans auto insurance company
Insuring your vehicle with the top car insurance provider is difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in New Orleans. The company rank data shown below could help you select which providers to look at when shopping around.
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
You Can Change Your Insurance Premiums
When buying insurance it’s important to understand the rating factors that aid in calculating the rates you pay for insurance. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of factors are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but some are not as apparent like where you live and annual miles driven.
Safety ratings are a factor – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. Vehicles built for safety result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company which can result in lower premiums. If your Dodge has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
Car and home together may be cheaper – Most major companies provide better rates to buyers that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s always a smart idea to shop around to ensure the best deal. You may still find a better deal even if you insure with multiple companies
Single drivers take more risk – Having a spouse may earn you lower rates when buying insurance. It demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Policy add-ons add up – There are a ton of additional extra coverages that may not really be needed on your Stratus policy. Add-on coverages like roadside assistance, death and dismemberment, and extra life insurance coverage are some examples. These coverages may sound good when you first buy your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them from your policy.