It’s an obvious statement that auto insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Insureds who shop rates annually will probably switch auto insurance companies because there is a high probability of finding a lower rate. A study showed that drivers who make a habit of shopping around saved over $72 a month compared to people who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the lowest price for Kia Sportage insurance in New Orleans is why you’re here, then having a grasp of how to shop for car insurance can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
The easiest way to find cheaper quotes for Kia Sportage insurance is to regularly compare prices from providers in New Orleans.
- Learn about how insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many factors that result in higher prices such as traffic violations and a substandard credit score can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from many different companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current policy and submit payment and a signed application for your new policy. As soon as you have the new policy, place your new certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
An essential thing to point out is to try to compare the same level of coverage on each quote and and to get price quotes from every company you can. This ensures a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
Getting quotes for the lowest-priced auto insurance coverage in New Orleans is actually quite simple. If you are insured now or just want to save money, you can follow these tips to find the best rates without having to cut coverage. Drivers just need to learn the tricks to compare different rates from many different companies online.
How to shop Kia Sportage insurance online
The car insurance companies shown below can provide quotes in New Orleans, LA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance statistics for a Kia Sportage
The rate information displayed below outlines detailed analysis of coverage prices for Kia Sportage models. Learning how insurance rates are formulated helps drivers make informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sportage LX 2WD 4-Dr||$250||$462||$562||$34||$168||$1,476||$123|
|Sportage LX 2WD 4-Dr||$250||$462||$562||$34||$168||$1,476||$123|
|Sportage EX 2WD 4-Dr||$286||$562||$562||$34||$168||$1,612||$134|
|Sportage LX 4WD 4-Dr||$286||$562||$562||$34||$168||$1,612||$134|
|Sportage EX 4WD 4-Dr||$286||$562||$562||$34||$168||$1,612||$134|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Louisiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can lower or raise rates considerably.
The chart below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can impact Kia Sportage insurance premiums for different age groups of insureds. The prices are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When quoting and comparing the best insurance coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions might point out whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Kia Sportage?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Can I cancel at any time?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Local New Orleans insurance agents and insurance
A lot of people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! Professional agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find lower rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is important especially in New Orleans.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your coverage. There is no need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent directly to you. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
When narrowing the list to find a local agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents from which to choose. Insurance agencies in New Orleans can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can write insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the differences because it may have an impact on the type of agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agencies
These agents are not locked into one company so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent. When comparing rates, we highly recommend that you get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison.
The following is a small list of independent agents in New Orleans that may be able to give price quote information.
These agents write business for a single company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following are New Orleans exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
Finding the right auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Which family members are covered?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?