Do you need a fast way to compare low-cost Chevy Bolt insurance in New Orleans? Trying to find cheaper insurance for a new or used Chevy Bolt in Louisiana can be an all-consuming task, but you can follow our auto insurance buying tips and make it easy. There is a right way and a wrong way to buy auto insurance and you need to know the best way to quote coverages for your Chevy and locate the lowest price.
It’s a good habit to take a look at other company’s rates before your policy renews because prices go up and down regularly. Just because you found the lowest price on Chevy Bolt insurance in New Orleans a year ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the easiest way to lower your annual insurance bill.
How to compare New Orleans Chevy Bolt insurance rate quotes
The following companies have been selected to offer quotes in New Orleans, LA. To find the best cheap car insurance in Louisiana, we recommend you compare several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high cost, buying auto insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, most lenders will require you to buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your car. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Take policy discounts and save on Chevy Bolt insurance in New Orleans
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains both the well known and the harder-to-find credits available to you. If you don’t get every credit available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Student in College – Children who live away from home at college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Membership in Organizations – Being a member of certain professional organizations can get you a small discount on your policy.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Drivers Education – Teen drivers should complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance carriers reward you with better prices if you take out life insurance from them.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving less could be rewarded with slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Paperless Signup – Certain companies will give you a small discount shop New Orleans auto insurance on the web.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But any discount will lower your overall bill.
A list of companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- Esurance discounts include claim free, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, DriveSense, online quote, homeowner, and online shopper.
- The Hartford offers discounts including anti-theft, bundle, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, air bag, driver training, and good student.
- AAA offers premium reductions for anti-theft, multi-car, AAA membership discount, good student, multi-policy, good driver, and education and occupation.
- GEICO may include discounts for air bags, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and federal employee.
- State Farm offers discounts for anti-theft, accident-free, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, and passive restraint.
Check with every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Savings may not apply to policyholders in every state. To find insurers who offer cheap Chevy Bolt insurance quotes in New Orleans, click here to view.
Exclusive or independent insurance agencies
A small number of people just prefer to have an agent’s advice and doing that can be a smart decision Experienced insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the coverage information gets sent to companies in New Orleans that can give you free New Orleans auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you have a need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in New Orleans for you
If you are searching for a reliable agent, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Agents in New Orleans can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s a good idea to understand the differences since it may influence your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Some insured continue to use the same exclusive agent mostly because of high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in New Orleans that can give you rate quotes.
- Chase Dardar – State Farm Insurance Agent
6301 S Claiborne Ave – New Orleans, LA 70125 – (504) 861-4529 – View Map
- Wayne Leone – State Farm Insurance Agent
1701 S Carrollton Ave – New Orleans, LA 70118 – (504) 865-1101 – View Map
- Beth Anne Naugher – State Farm Insurance Agent
3536 Holiday Dr a – New Orleans, LA 70114 – (504) 367-6660 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not limited to a single company and that gives them the ability to insure through many different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you. When comparing rate quotes, you need to check rates from at least one independent agent to get the best comparison. Most also write with companies you’ve never heard of that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in New Orleans who can help you get comparison quotes.
- USAgencies Insurance
6003 Bullard Ave #6 – New Orleans, LA 70128 – (504) 517-8884 – View Map
- Pat Leboeuf Insurance
601 Seguin St – New Orleans, LA 70114 – (504) 361-4600 – View Map
- J Everett Eaves
650 Poydras St # 1500 – New Orleans, LA 70130 – (504) 581-5353 – View Map
Once you have received good responses to your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that is a good match to insure your vehicles. Just be aware that once you purchase a policy you can terminate your policy when you choose so don’t feel that you’re stuck with a policy for the full term.
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
As you shop your coverage around, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped collision coverage only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We just covered many ways to lower your Chevy Bolt insurance premium rates in New Orleans. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, high prices, lack of trust in their agent and even policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company is less work than it seems.
Steps to buying lower priced Chevy Bolt insurance in New Orleans
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to save on Chevy Bolt insurance in New Orleans is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers who sell insurance in Louisiana. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Gain an understanding of the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate in New Orleans. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new coverage. Make sure you put the new certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One piece of advice is that you’ll want to compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
More information can be read on the following sites:
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are New Orleans Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Good Drivers in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap New Orleans Car Insurance for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- How Much are New Orleans Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150 in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)