How many years has it been since you compared low-cost Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in New Orleans? I can’t think of a single person who looks forward to paying for car insurance, especially when they are aware that the cost is way too high.
It’s well known that insurance companies don’t want you shop around. People who shop around annually will, in all likelihood, buy a new policy because of the good chance of finding a more affordable policy premium. A study discovered that drivers who compared rate quotes regularly saved about $70 a month compared to people who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the cheapest price on car insurance in New Orleans is your ultimate target, understanding how to shop and compare insurance premiums can help you succeed in saving money.
Insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive constantly blast consumers with advertising and it is difficult to ignore the promise of big savings and find the best price available.
If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to find better prices using these techniques. Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in New Orleans is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. But Louisiana vehicle owners need to learn the way companies sell online because rates are impacted by many factors.
When quoting auto insurance, remember that having more price comparisons helps you find lower pricing.
The following companies have been selected to offer free quotes in New Orleans, LA. If your goal is to find the best car insurance in New Orleans, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need insurance for your Ford vehicle
Even though it can be expensive, paying for auto insurance serves several important purposes.
First, almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your C-Max Hybrid, almost every bank will stipulate that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Ford at a much higher premium rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, auto insurance protects both your Ford and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in New Orleans
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to reduce the price significantly. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at quote time, but occasionally some discounts must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver’s education in school.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen with less frequency and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but some companies like GEICO and Liberty Mutual will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you have no claims before the accident.
- Distant Student Discount – Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from New Orleans and leave their car at home could qualify for this discount.
- Membership in Organizations – Being in a qualifying organization could earn you a nice discount when shopping for auto insurance.
As a footnote on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works. Any amount of discount will definitely reduce the amount you have to pay.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts are:
- State Farm offers discounts including student away at school, accident-free, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, anti-theft, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, membership and employees, multi-policy, and good student.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for teen safety rewards, drive less, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, and bundle discounts.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include youthful driver, mature driver, business and professional, distant student, pay in full, and homeowner.
- AAA offers discounts for anti-theft, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, multi-policy, and good driver.
- USAA policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, military installation, family discount, defensive driver, new vehicle, and loyalty savings.
If you need the cheapest Ford C-Max Hybrid rate quotes, ask all the companies which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in New Orleans. For a list of companies that offer some of these discounts in New Orleans, click here to view.
Are auto insurance agents used anymore?
Some consumers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in New Orleans who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to do any legwork since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an insurance company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Does the company have a local claim office in New Orleans?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Louisiana?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive car insurance agents
When finding a reliable agent, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures that you can choose from. Auto insurance agencies can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in New Orleans willing to provide price quote information.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies can quote rates with many companies so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you get several quotes from independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in New Orleans that can give you price quotes.
Lower rates by being persistent
We covered many ideas to lower your Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance premium rates in New Orleans. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies. They may only write in your state and offer lower prices than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in New Orleans is possible both online and also from your neighborhood New Orleans agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not have rates over the internet and these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agencies.
Steps to buying cheaper Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in New Orleans
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get more affordable Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in New Orleans is to compare quotes annually from companies in Louisiana.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about auto insurance and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that increase rates such as accidents, careless driving, and a low credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The critical component of shopping around is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on each quote and to quote with as many companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Uber Drivers in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- How Much is New Orleans Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap New Orleans Car Insurance for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- How Much are New Orleans Car Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Active Military in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- How Much is New Orleans Auto Insurance for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- How Much is New Orleans Car Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap New Orleans Car Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)