It’s an obvious statement that auto insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Drivers who perform rate comparisons will, in all likelihood, switch companies because there is a great chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. Remarkably, a study showed that people who compared prices regularly saved over $72 a month compared to other drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the best rates on Scion iQ insurance in New Orleans is why you’re here, then having a good understanding the best way to shop and compare insurance coverage can make the process more efficient.
To save the most money, the best way to save money on Scion iQ insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers that insure vehicles in New Orleans. This can be done by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how insurance works and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as careless driving and an imperfect credit score can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover more details to get low prices and earn larger discounts.
Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a better price, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment for the new policy. Once the paperwork is finalized, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
An essential thing to point out is to try to use the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to analyze as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Locating the best rates in New Orleans is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. If you have auto insurance now, you will most likely be able to reduce the price you pay using the concepts you’re about to learn. Comparison shoppers only need to know the fastest way to shop their coverage around from many different companies.
Cheapest car insurance in New Orleans, LA
The following companies have been selected to offer comparison quotes in New Orleans, LA. If you want to find the best auto insurance in New Orleans, LA, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Cheaper rates by getting discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always list every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will qualify for a discount on a New Orleans car insurance quote.
- Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers that enable driving data submission to track where and when they drive remotely such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of paying each month you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low annual miles can earn substantially lower prices.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers have much lower rates when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better prices.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car instead of a used iQ can cost up to 25% less because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Passing a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO has savings for five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, driver training, emergency military deployment, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers may offer discounts for continuous insurance, new car, good student, driver training, and early quote.
- Nationwide discounts include Farm Bureau membership, accident-free, multi-policy, business or organization, anti-theft, family plan, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for pay in full, mature driver, youthful driver, switch companies, early shopping, and multi-car.
- Esurance may include discounts for paid-in-full, multi-policy, online shopper, defensive driver, and good driver.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including safe vehicle, multiple policy, passive restraint, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, and good student.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for annual mileage, low natural disaster claims, ease of repair, accident-free, good student, and multi-policy.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company how you can save money. A few discounts may not apply to policies in New Orleans. If you would like to view auto insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in New Orleans, click here to view.
Buying car insurance from New Orleans car insurance agents
Certain consumers just want to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this simple form, your information is transmitted to local insurance agents in New Orleans who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact an agency since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you need to compare prices from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good company should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. A good agent in New Orleans will have answers to these questions.
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Where would glass claims be handled in New Orleans?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in New Orleans for you
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Agents in New Orleans are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can sell affordable car insurance policies, but we need to point out the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can usually just insure with one company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in New Orleans that are able to give rate quotes.
- Josh Lorando – State Farm Insurance Agent
4200 Canal St c – New Orleans, LA 70119 – (504) 488-0001 – View Map
- Ed Buckley – State Farm Insurance Agent
4822 Prytania St – New Orleans, LA 70115 – (504) 891-2886 – View Map
- Andy Bowden – State Farm Insurance Agent
6325 Elysian Fields Ave a – New Orleans, LA 70122 – (504) 288-2219 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents often have many company appointments and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies and potentially find a lower price. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When searching for an agent, you will definitely want to get rate quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller regional carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in New Orleans willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Hartwig Moss Insurance Agency
2626 Canal St #3 – New Orleans, LA 70119 – (504) 525-9901 – View Map
- Murphy Insurance LLC
2107 Soniat St – New Orleans, LA 70115 – (504) 899-8010 – View Map
- First Insurance, Inc.
First Bank and Trust Building, 909 Poydras St #2260 – New Orleans, LA 70112 – (504) 322-4927 – View Map
After getting good answers to all your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to provide car insurance coverage.
Best car insurance company in Louisiana
Choosing a high-quality insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies provide coverage in Louisiana. The company rank data in the lists below may help you choose which car insurance providers you want to consider when comparing rates.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Lower rates by being persistent
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, delays in responding to claim requests, high prices and even unfair underwriting practices. No matter why you want to switch, switching car insurance companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
Budget-friendly car insurance in New Orleans can be bought online in addition to many New Orleans insurance agents, so get free New Orleans car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
More learning opportunities
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are New Orleans Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a DUI in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 60 in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for First-time Drivers in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- How Much are New Orleans Car Insurance Quotes for 4×4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Grand Caravan in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)