Remarkably, a study showed that the vast majority of insurance customers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and 38% of customers have never compared insurance rates at all. Louisiana consumers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they underestimate the benefits if they just switched companies.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find cheaper quotes for Subaru BRZ insurance in New Orleans is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers who provide car insurance in Louisiana. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
Step 1: Learn about coverages and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a poor credit rating can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper BRZ coverage is available in New Orleans. If you can save money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Tell your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit a signed application and payment to your new agent or company. Once coverage is bound, put the new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you’ll want to compare identical coverages on each quote and and to get rates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Best companies for affordable Subaru BRZ insurance in Louisiana
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Louisiana. To locate cheap auto insurance in Louisiana, we recommend you click on several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with better auto insurance rates.
The itemized list below are a few of the “ingredients” auto insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
- Do you really need roadside assistance? – There are many additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t diligent. Add-on coverages like roadside assistance, death and dismemberment, and membership fees are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so consider taking them off your policy.
- Marriage is a bonus – Getting married helps lower the price compared to being single. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more mature than a single person and statistics prove married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Males pay more for car insurance – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. This data doesn’t prove that males are worse at driving than females. Females and males are in fender benders at a similar rate, but the males have accidents that have higher claims. Not only that, but men also get more serious tickets such as reckless driving.
- Minor frequent insurance claims are not good – Insurance companies in Louisiana provide the lowest premiums to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Claims statistics for a Subaru BRZ – Insurers use historical loss data when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that the data shows to have increased losses will cost more to insure.
The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Subaru BRZ vehicles. For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest a better than average loss history, while percentage values above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendency to have larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Subaru BRZ Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Subaru BRZ 156 78 150 87 88 76BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Take policy discounts and save on Subaru BRZ insurance in New Orleans
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list every discount they offer very clearly, so we break down a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden discounts that you may qualify for. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you could be getting lower rates.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once rather than spreading payments over time you could save up to 5%.
- Early Signing – Some companies reward drivers for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current BRZ insurance policy. You could save around 10% when you buy New Orleans auto insurance online.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education in school.
- Distant Student – Kids who are attending college and do not take a car to college could get you a discount.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Telematics Data – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to spy on driving patterns remotely like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- Auto/Life Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any qualifying discounts will cut the amount you have to pay.
To choose companies with discount car insurance rates in New Orleans, click this link.
Buying from car insurance agents
Many drivers still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is just fine! An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information is sent to companies in New Orleans who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you can always search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an insurance company is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions to ask:
- Who are their largest clients?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Louisiana?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
How to choose the best auto insurance agent in New Orleans
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reputable agency, you need to know there are two different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are contracted to one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent partially due to the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in New Orleans willing to provide comparison quotes.
- State Farm: Luke Delouise
6262 Pontchartrain Blvd – New Orleans, LA 70124 – (504) 486-7525 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Rene Manfre
13040 I- 10 Service Rd – New Orleans, LA 70128 – (504) 218-1586 – View Map
- Ben Guillory – State Farm Insurance Agent
4111 Franklin Ave – New Orleans, LA 70122 – (504) 943-4055 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not locked into one company so they can quote policies with any number of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you will definitely want to get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you can do a thorough price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that many times have cheaper rates.
The following are independent insurance agents in New Orleans that can give you price quotes.
- Murphy Insurance LLC
2107 Soniat St – New Orleans, LA 70115 – (504) 899-8010 – View Map
- ABC Insurance
4101 S Carrollton Ave c – New Orleans, LA 70119 – (504) 486-0123 – View Map
- Lovecchio Insurance
1510 Robert E Lee Blvd – New Orleans, LA 70122 – (504) 284-7778 – View Map
New Orleans auto insurance companies
Picking a good quality insurer can be rather challenging considering how many companies are available to choose from in New Orleans. The ranking data shown next could help you choose which coverage providers to look at comparing rates with.
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 New Orleans Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Keep this in mind when shopping around
Consumers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, high rates after DUI convictions, policy cancellation and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Whatever your reason, finding the right car insurance provider can be pretty painless.
Cost effective Subaru BRZ insurance can be found on the web in addition to many New Orleans insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers may not provide the ability to get quotes online and these small insurance companies work with local independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Even more information can be found in the articles below:
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Good Drivers in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a DUI in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest New Orleans Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)