Having to pay for high-priced insurance in New Orleans can stress out your funds and make it tough to pay other bills. Performing a rate comparison is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to lower your bills every month.
Unbelievable but true according to a study the vast majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and nearly half have never shopped around. Most drivers in New Orleans could save approximately 35% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue how much they could save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Because you have many companies to choose from that have affordable insurance for a Suzuki SX4 in New Orleans, it can be hard to locate the most cost effective insurance provider.
Consumers need to compare premium rates once or twice a year since prices change regularly. Just because you found the best deal on Suzuki SX4 insurance in New Orleans six months ago you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because I’m going to teach you one of the quickest ways to find lower rates on insurance.
Comparing quotes for cheaper insurance coverage in New Orleans is easy if you know what you’re doing. In a nutshell, every driver who is shopping for insurance will more than likely be able to find better rates. Although Louisiana car owners benefit from understanding the way companies price insurance differently and take advantage of how the system works.
To find the best car insurance quotes, there are several ways of comparing rates from many different Louisiana insurance companies. The recommended way to find competitive insurance rates consists of shopping online.
Comparison shopping quotes online is easy and it replaces the need to go to insurance agencies in your area. Quoting and buying Suzuki SX4 insurance online eliminates this option unless you want the extra assistance that only an agent can give. It is possible to price shop your coverage online but buy from a local insurance agent.
Keep in mind that making a lot of price comparisons provides better odds of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in Louisiana. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you get rates from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Three reasons to not skimp on insurance
Despite the high cost, insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Louisiana these limits are 15/30/25 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your SX4 has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Suzuki at a more expensive rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your Suzuki and your assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in New Orleans overpays as much as $700 annually so you should quote rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Analysis of Suzuki SX4 rates
The coverage information shown next outlines different policy rates for Suzuki SX4 models. Learning how policy rates are established can help you make decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|SX4 Sport S||$250||$592||$524||$32||$158||$1,556||$130|
|SX4 Sport SE||$250||$592||$524||$32||$158||$1,556||$130|
|SX4 Technology 2WD||$250||$502||$524||$32||$158||$1,466||$122|
|SX4 Sportback 2WD||$250||$502||$524||$32||$158||$1,466||$122|
|SX4 AWD AWD||$250||$502||$524||$32||$158||$1,466||$122|
|SX4 Sport GTS||$250||$592||$524||$32||$158||$1,556||$130|
|SX4 Technology AWD||$284||$502||$524||$32||$158||$1,500||$125|
|SX4 Touring AWD||$284||$502||$524||$32||$158||$1,500||$125|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Louisiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in specific zip code location which can modify premium rates significantly.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The diagram below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can influence Suzuki SX4 insurance costs for different age groups. The premiums assume a married male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Suzuki SX4 full coverage rates compared to liability only
The example below shows the comparison of Suzuki SX4 annual premium costs with and without full coverage. The prices are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no set guideline for dropping physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Suzuki SX4 replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $5,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying over $500 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not a good plan. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Verify you’re applying every discount
Some companies don’t always advertise all possible discounts very well, so the following is a list of some of the more common as well as the least known credits that may apply to you.
- Government Employee Discount – Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
- College Student – Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select companies reward you with lower prices if you buy a life policy as well.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy can save you some money because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your bill all at once rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military can result in better rates.
- Online Discount – A few companies will provide an incentive for signing up on the web.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of up to 25% or more.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will reduce the cost of your policy.
The example below shows the comparison of Suzuki SX4 insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The data is based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Louisiana state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
A few companies that may offer quotes with most of these discounts include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not apply to policies in every state.
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
Always keep in mind that when comparing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are unique to you so this has to be addressed.
For example, these questions can help discover whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier