Trying to come up with a payment for expensive insurance can eat up your savings and maybe even restrict other spending. Comparison shopping is a fast and free way to cut your insurance bill.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that a large majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. Many drivers in New Orleans could pocket roughly 35% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to shop around. Insurance companies such as State Farm, Progressive and GEICO constantly blast consumers with ads and it is difficult to see past the geckos and flying pigs and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Consumers should take time to take a look at other company’s rates once or twice a year because insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the best premium rates on Suzuki XL-7 insurance in New Orleans a few years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re about to learn the tricks you need to know to find lower rates on insurance.
Cheapest Suzuki insurance prices in New Orleans
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in New Orleans, LA. In order to find cheap auto insurance in New Orleans, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the more common and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy New Orleans car insurance online. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance carriers reward you with lower premium rates if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Student Driver Training – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school may save as much as 25% on a New Orleans car insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a home in New Orleans can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Distant Student Discount – Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not take a car to college could get you a discount.
- Online Discount – Some auto insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on your computer.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
A quick disclaimer, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for teen driver, electronic funds transfer, alternative fuel, pay in full, multi-car, distant student, and early shopping.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including safety device, anti-theft, homeowner, multi-car, emergency road assistance, anti-lock brakes, and defensive driver.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for safe vehicle, anti-theft, good driver, passive restraint, defensive driving training, good student, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-theft, military active duty, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, driver training, and five-year accident-free.
- Allstate may include discounts for passive restraint, safe driver, premier plus, teenSMART discount, and good student.
Double check with each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in New Orleans. To see a list of companies that offer the discounts shown above in New Orleans, click here to view.
Local New Orleans insurance agencies
Some people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that is just fine! Licensed agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in New Orleans.
Upon completion of this simple form, your information is submitted to insurance agents in New Orleans who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to search for an agent because prices are sent directly to you. If you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Below is a list of car insurance companies in New Orleans that may be willing to give price quote information for Suzuki XL-7 insurance in New Orleans.
Picking the best company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Is there a local claims center in New Orleans?
- What discounts might you be missing?
If you get good responses to your questions and low cost Suzuki XL-7 insurance quotes, you may have found an provider that will insure your vehicles.
Don’t give up on affordable premiums
More affordable insurance in New Orleans is definitely available from both online companies and from local agencies, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers may not provide rates over the internet and these smaller providers work with independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, someone dropped collision coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
How to buy cheaper Suzuki XL-7 insurance in New Orleans
Really, the only way to find cheaper prices for Suzuki XL-7 insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in New Orleans.
- First, spend some time learning about how car insurance works and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as accidents, traffic violations, and an imperfect credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
A crucial key to this process is to try to use the same level of coverage on each quote and and to get price estimates from every insurance company. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Additional information can be found at these links:
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Much is New Orleans Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in New Orleans, Louisiana? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in New Orleans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable New Orleans Auto Insurance for a Toyota 4Runner? (FAQ)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)